Re: Strange Engine Noise

To: <Jjcousins@ra.rockwell.com>
Subject: Re: Strange Engine Noise
From: "Ron Roach" <rroach@intouch.bc.ca>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1999 12:02:06 -0700
John, My '78 spit has a strange rattle at idle that's intermitent, but goes
away after revs are increased.  It sounds like transmission bearings, maybe
the throwout bearing, although when the clutch is depressed, it's still
there.  I've been driving the car for a year without any other problems so
I'm going to keep driving it until something becomes more noticeable.  Maybe
it's camshaft wear?
good luck,
ron
'78 spit