Re: Air Cleaner Bolt Shearing

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>, Growe58@aol.com
Subject: Re: Air Cleaner Bolt Shearing
From: Flinthoof Ponypal <Flinters@picarefy.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 08:11:28 -0700

        One way to determine if the bonnet is indeed putting pressure on the air
cleaner is to put a good coating of petroleum grease or other >different<
colored grease on the air cleaner's surface and then closing the bonnet.
Open it back up and you should be able to see by looking at the grease
smears on the bonnet or elsewhere if anything is touching it.

        I'd recommend using paint for the task, but grease seems so much more
appropriate for a Spit.  And it's handy, right there on the chassis!

-Vegaman Dan
-66/69 Spit
 |             |   Equinart Studios * Furry Artist * Model Railroader   |
 |     *U*     |   MINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINT!!   |
 |             |       ConiFur NorthWest '99- Furries in Seattle!       |
 | CONIFUR NW  |  Flinters@picarefy.com * www.picarefy.com/~flinthoof   |