RE: Engine Swaps Again

To: Spitfire List <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Engine Swaps Again
From: Chip Mautz <clmautz@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 05:36:38 -0700 (PDT)
--- Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov> wrote:

> Isn't that 4.0L engine really a development of the old, time-honored
> Rambler American/Classic (and whatever else) six? One of the all-time
> great sixes, but not necessarily a sporting one?

Don't know about that, but the 4.0l six I had in my '94 Cherokee was
FAST, and the 4.0l six I have in my '99 Wrangler 5spd is almost as
fast!  It's a lighter truck, but the gearbox doesn't shift as fast as
the automatic would.  But, it's not designed for quickshifting, it's
designed for crawling.

It's an awesome engine!  And, as I stated earlier, you won't go missing
oil leaks with that engine!

Chip
'99 Wrangler Sport - New and leakey, convertible 1
'71 Spitfire MKIV -  'Ol Smokey, convertible 2