Re: Don't ignore the smell of gas...

To: "'spitfires@autox.team.net'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Don't ignore the smell of gas...
From: richard jackson <richard.jackson@northampton.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 09:59:51 +0100

Dean Dashwood wrote:

> Mine has always been routed round the back of the engine - I assumed
> this was stock, because it seems so much more logical than any other
> way!  But come to think of it, this could explain why the bits that came
> in the fuel pipe kit I recently bought didn't quite match the bits I had
> on the car......

Dean,

I'm pretty sure that UK spec cars(the fast ones!!! :-) everythings relative),
had the fuel lines going to the carb's via the back of the engine, probably
due to the pick up point for the fuel line on the carb, is the fuel line
connected to the front of the carb(Stromberg) on US spec carbs????  Now
Heralds, the fuel pipe on a 1200 goes round the front, but they use a Solex
carb!!!

Cheers

Rich