Re: 73 Spitfire 1500

To: Mike Ginter <mginter@concentric.net>
Subject: Re: 73 Spitfire 1500
From: Dan Buettner <danb@thelittlemacshop.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 22:16:05 -0500
Well, if I didn't already have two Triumphs undergoing different
degrees of resuscitation, you probably would have heard from me ...
though I already have a 1500, and my next purchase (down the road a
ways) will most likely be an early GT6, TR2, early Spit or (gasp) an
MGA or big Healey.

Good for you on the deal!  Always nice when you pay a lot less than
you would expect for something you really want.

Dan

>Well it's mine!  I got a screamin' deal on this bad boy.  Having said
>that, What's WRONG with you people??????  Guy sends out an email about
>having a chance to literally steal a 73 (that's 73!!) 1500, I don't get
>any responses??? 0 responses????  Is everyone O.K.?  This is a 73 1500.
>Next to no emissions controls, small front overriders, not overriders on
>the rear, qualifies for collector/antique plates in most states.  And
>guess what?  Those floor pans might not need to be replaced after all!
>I'm going to put this car in the local Denver newspapers next week for
>$1500.  If my phone doesn't ring off the hook I'll be amazed.  % years
>ago I looked at a rust bucket 74 that the seller got $1500 for.  If I
>can't sell it for $1500, I'll keep it and do a ground resto with the
>intention of building a reliable 100hp 1500 motor and maybe picking up
>an OD trans.
>
>Any comments?  Any?  I'm feelin' all alone out here.
>
>Mike
>79 Spit
>76 Spit
>and now a 73 Spit as well

Dan Buettner  -  Des Moines, Iowa  -  mailto:danb@thelittlemacshop.com

1977 Spitfire, FM64159U, now with an O too. Runs & drives, but shakes
like crazy; needs new tires and a steering/suspension rebuild.
http://home.earthlink.net/~nickndan/gmachine/greenmachine.html

1957 TR3, TS15098L. Needs an O. Undergoing frame-off restoration begun 9/99.
http://home.earthlink.net/~nickndan/TR3/TR3.html

1988 Honda Civic 4WD Wagon. Gets me to work and back home again every day.
No home page. (go figure)