Re: Aftermarket Ignition

To: Paul Grafelman <pdgrafelman@vax1.bemidji.msus.edu>
Subject: Re: Aftermarket Ignition
From: Steve Keidl <stevek@sparc.isl.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2000 22:31:04 -0700
Paul,

I just put the Petronix in my 72 Mark IV, in place of the points, last
week
end.  It took about 1/2 hour, only because I had to run a new wire from
the
ignition switch.  I had to re-time the engine, where I found out the
distributor retard mechanism doesn't work, another problem, but the
Petronix
works great.  If you don't need to run the extra wire (i. e. no coil
ballast
resistor) you could install it in 15 minutes.

Steve Keidl
Rochester MN