RE: Suggested boot tools?

To: spitfires@autox.team.net, "'Dean Dashwood'" <Dean.Dashwood@enron.com>
Subject: RE: Suggested boot tools?
From: "Banbury, Terrence" <Terrence.Banbury@dnr.state.oh.us>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 12:18:20 -0400
Dean, you are right about the towing,...but sometimes I'll trade the safest
way to do something for getting the job done, only if I know the risk
involved, though.

Wouldn't ever allow "tow" truck near my car unless it was a flatbed.

Would use a tow strap, but only if I knew the tow vehicle's driver (probably
my brother) and didn't have far to go.

DANGER: PERSONAL EXPERIENCE SIDEBAR
We built a custom tow bar out of angle iron to retrieve my brother's Spit
from frequent breakdowns.  It was fastened to the frame by heavy chain
bolted to the frame with a 2x4 spacer in between.  Worked great, but I was
never satisfied with the chain-mount.  We never got around to making a
better mount.  Again..didn't have far to go, didn't go very fast, and the
guy drivin' the truck was towing his own (car).

I'm thinking of going to the TRF's Summer Party, so I'm going to rethink the
tow bar mount.

Terrence N. Banbury
1967 SPITFIRE MK III