Re: "Tire in a can" (was: RE: Suggested boot tools?)

To: "Dean Dashwood" <Dean.Dashwood@enron.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: "Tire in a can" (was: RE: Suggested boot tools?)
From: wizardz@maxinter.net
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 11:14:08 -0400
that stuff works great! I carry no spare (so I have luggage space)
I've been using it for years.
I even use to carry a can with me on my dirt bike on cross country
trips.

The real trick is to get the proper size can for the tire you
want to fill. That way you get the full dose of 'goo' for the air volume
injected into the tire.

also make sure the valve is at the bottom of the tire when you fill it
(unless you get the can with the flexible tube nozzle extension)

You need to run the tire at road speed for at least 15 minutes to get
 the 'goo' evenly distributed around the tire. Warming it up (tire running
on the road) helps vaporize the 'goo' and it will seek out the puncture.

Running at speed before it sets up will eliminate any weight imbalance
in the tire caused by it puddling in one place.

Paul Tegler  wizardz@toad.net        http://www.teglerizer.com
OBie - '73 BGT - daily driver
http://www.teglerizer.com/mgstuff/ob_description.htm
Punkin' - '78 Spitfire - corner ripping screamer
http://www.teglerizer.com/triumphstuff/spit78.htm
Lil' Greenee - '73 RWA Midget - lady killer
http://www.teglerizer.com/midgetstuff/index.html