Re: "Tire in a can" (was: RE: Suggested boot tools?)

To: "Simmons, Reid W" <reid.w.simmons@intel.com>
Subject: Re: "Tire in a can" (was: RE: Suggested boot tools?)
From: Ted Schumacher <tedtsimx@q1.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2000 07:46:04 -0400
Simmons, Reid W wrote:

> I used some "tire in a can" stuff several years ago and it came with
> stickers to put on the wheel warning any tire repair person of its presence
> and to take appropriate precautions.
>
> The stuff I used a few months ago did not come with any warnings (or
> stickers) to this effect.
>
> Reid
> '79 Spitfire (original owner)

history note - fix-a-flat was developed by a company in pandora, oh.
they are located across thestreet from our business. when the product
was being developed, they would come over and get old tires & wheels
from our salvage yard. take them across the street and puncture them in
the lab. fill with various versions and finally came up with the
fix-a-flat that's on the market today.  so this product has brit car
stuff, including spitfire, as part of its ancestry. ted
--
Ted Schumacher
TS Imported Automotive