RE: "Tire in a can" (was: RE: Suggested boot tools?)

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: "Tire in a can" (was: RE: Suggested boot tools?)
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2000 23:35:25 -0700

>I've never used that kind of fix-a-flat stuff.  If you use it, can you still
>get the tire repaired (ie, if you run over a nail, can you get the hole
>fixed)?
************************************
Yes, but most shops won't because of the mess -
************************************
 Is it necessary to repair the tire after you use it, or does that
>permanently fix it?
**********************************
Yes it is necessary to properly repair/replace the tire because it intended
to ba a permanent fix.
**********************************
>Does the gunk mess up the tire after you use it?
**********************************
Yes
**********************************
>finally, does it affect the wheel balance?
Yes
>Basically, if I have an otherwise good tire with a repairable puncture, do I
>want to use this stuff?
No, not really - but it will get you home in a dire emergency

72 PI, V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire (long term project)