Re: Hood Prop

To: "Craig Smith" <CraigS@iewc.com>, <Jjcousins@ra.rockwell.com>,
Subject: Re: Hood Prop
From: wizardz@maxinter.net
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 13:49:40 -0400
I've looked into t his more than once over the years.
...two considerations NOT to forget when experimenting
with finding the right one you feel works right for you.

Watch out  when you ever repair you engine in the wind.    :-)

Seriously though ... most of the props are not designed to
really prop up that kind of weight.
They also need to handle the weight of the bonnet PULLING on
the gas strut as the bonnet does hinge past its weighted balance
point over the pivot supports.

Paul Tegler  wizardz@toad.net        http://www.teglerizer.com
OBie - '73 BGT - daily driver
http://www.teglerizer.com/mgstuff/ob_description.htm
Punkin' - '78 Spitfire - corner ripping screamer
http://www.teglerizer.com/triumphstuff/spit78.htm
Lil' Greenee - '73 RWA Midget - lady killer
http://www.teglerizer.com/midgetstuff/index.html