RE: Hood Prop

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Hood Prop
From: "Simmons, Reid W" <reid.w.simmons@intel.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 13:13:41 -0700
I have found gas struts which should have sufficient force to lift the hood
(especially with two of them), however the overall length and the working
length of the strut must be carefully calculated in order to prevent
unwanted stresses on the gas strut and mounting points.  I may be guilty of
over engineering at times but having to repair and redesign a poorly
engineered solution to a problem can be a REAL LARGE pain in the "arss"!
:-)

Reid
'79 Spitfire (original owner)