RE: Hood Prop

To: "'Jjcousins@ra.rockwell.com'" <Jjcousins@ra.rockwell.com>,
Subject: RE: Hood Prop
From: "Simmons, Reid W" <reid.w.simmons@intel.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 11:54:05 -0700
John;

Yes, I have been doing a design to use dual gas struts to assist in lifting
and lowering the hood (bonnet).  However, I have not gotten very far yet do
to many other higher priority tasks (too many projects, too little time).
The mechanics of it are relatively simple but the precision with which it is
implemented will be the critical area.  My hope is that this design
modification will greatly ease the operation of opening and closing the hood
(bonnet) and result in less fatigue to certain components.  Currently my
target cost is set at well under $100 for the conversion.

Anyone have a fairly accurate figure for the free weight of the hood
(bonnet)?  I REALLY don't want to remove my perfectly fitted one to measure
this.

Reid
'79 Spitfire (original owner)