Re: GT6 Targa

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: GT6 Targa
From: Douglas Frank <frank@zk3.dec.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 13:11:57 -0400
Claes Lagercrantz wrote:

>   I'm a potential buyer of a GT6 converted to a targa top. I wonder if
>   anyone have had any experiance of this. Will the convertion make the
>   car considerable weaker or does it matter att all (having in mind it
>   is virtually the same car as the Spitfire)?

Not sure what a "targa" top would be.  How much of the roof
would
be removed?  I would expect its top accounts for much of a
GT6's
stiffness.  (Spitfires, being topless, have a bulkhead
behind the
seats instead.)

Of course, any stiffness lost from the top might be got back
by
installing a welded-in roll cage, or a Spitfire-like
bulkhead.

(IMHO)
--
Douglas Frank  Compaq Computer Corp.  Friendship, n.
ZKO            110 Spit Brook Rd.     A ship big enough to