RE: GT6 Targa

To: "'Douglas Frank'" <frank@zk3.dec.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: GT6 Targa
From: "Bowen, Patrick A RP2" <PABowen@sar.med.navy.mil>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 22:10:35 -0400
The Spitfire has nothing additional added to it for stiffness.  If you
remove that "bulkhead" you will find out it is cardboard and behind it is
only the gas tank.  The only other structure is the scuttle (the deck are
behind the cockpit where the gas cap sits) and  that provides no structural
support what-so-ever as most of it is a simple piece of sheetmetal with no
reinforcement.

I think as far as structure goes, you are fine.  Be more concerned with
quality of work and how well you like it.

Patrick Bowen