Re: no lead head

To: "Brett Soren" <mr_creosote@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: no lead head
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2000 22:31:59 +0100
Hi Brett
I researched this (Dolomite 1500) in my capacity as a Technical advisor to
the Dolomite Club.
The conclusion can be found at
http://members.tripod.co.uk/TriumphIW/unleaded.html the information is valid
for most of our cars including yours.
My 2000 MKI (this is supposed to be the worst head on any Triumph to use UL
in) and Dolomite Sprint are both using Unleaded and going well, My 2500PI
MKII is using UK LRP for the octane increase only, it pinks (pings) on
regular UL
I hope this helps you to decide, I really should update the page as it was
written when we had a choice here in the UK, also I asked the manufacturers
of the tin pellet things for some technical data and they told me "don't be
so sceptical go and try it"! I assume this means we can't supply you with
proof as there isn't any!

Graham.