Re: More power

To: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>,
Subject: Re: More power
From: "N.A. Campiglia III" <spitdrvr@camalott.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 21:15:57 -0500
Jeff,

Here is a short list of the things I have done to my '74 to give it a bit of
pep.

Fitted a DGV Webber, tuned by my local speed shop.
4-2-1 Stainless header matched to a twin Rimmer Bros Stainless exhaust.
Crane electronic ignition
40,000 volt Crane coil.
Platinum plugs, gapped at .050
8.0 MM Plug wires
Installed electric fan, removed the pulley one.
Matched intake and exhaust ports with manifolds.
3 angle valve job w/ swirl top intake valves.
Smoothed exhaust ports.
Double valve springs.
Installed cup type valve seals

There are a few other things I did but they involve an engine rebuild.

I'm also working on an Induction system (Like the one Joe has) to fit the
DGV, that should add a bit more life to the 'ole girl.

I have read and have been told that the better an engine breathes the more
power you can get, that is why I did so much to the head.

Check out the Comp Prep manual for your specific year model and you will
find all sorts of good info.

Good Luck

Nick
N.A. Campiglia III