Re: Errgg...!

To: gharris@rochester.rr.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Errgg...!
From: Tburke4@aol.com
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 20:32:21 EDT
gharris@rochester.rr.com writes:

<< Tom,
           FWIW, What kind of header do you have? The reason I ask is when I
 installed mt Monza header,I was going to plug the EGR port,but noticed it
 was a dummy,Just welded to a tube that was connected to nothing.Just in case
 you thought you Had to use the port.If you do want to use the EGR valve,you
 should make sure it will work as planned.
                P.S. I think heat from a torch may be your best bet.I
 destroyed an EGR trying to remove it without heat.
                                                                     Good
 Luck,
                                                                     Bob
 Harris >>

It's a 4 into1, but, it has a mounting hole on top for an EGR valve welded in
by some PO. It also has the dummy port on another pipe. The way the nut was
encased in rust on the old manifold, I couldn't tell if it was part of the
manifold or part of the EGR or a locking nut. Knowing it's a locking nut
helps a lot. I'll try the torch.

Thanks,

Tom Burke
80 Spit