Re: Gearbox

To: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Re: Gearbox
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 10:05:26 -0700
Joe,

Thanks for the details.  I want to have full-synchro O/D in my '67 Mk3, but
having a gearshift slamming into the radio that I just spent so much time
and money restoring would be totally unacceptable to my way of thinking.
I'm about ready to purchase a '79 O/D transmission, but I want to be certain
that I can shift gears without interfering with the radio controls.  Too
much to ask?  I don't think so.  The way I prefer to drive, the longer throw
of the single rail transmissions bothers me from a theoretical standpoint,
but so long as I can shift without banging up the radio, I think I can live
with that.

Best wishes,

Jeff in San Diego

'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
home of the NEW Totally Triumph Auction
and... The Triumph Autos/Parts Wanted Listings
http://www.ohms.com/cgi-bin/TRwanted.cgi
...plus a few other surprises!