Re: Gearbox

To: Jeff McNeal <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Subject: Re: Gearbox
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2000 10:35:23 -0700
Jeff,
I don't believe it so much that the tranny has any different length throws,
but it may be that the shift lever is a bit longer on the single rail, and
thus the problems you've been hearing about including the perceived longer
throws.  The solution is to either bend the shifter slightly back which is
relatively easy to do with a torch and a little effort, to gain a little
more room or do what I would (and will to the gearbox that is going into
the 70), shorten the shifter extension to give me a little better feel, and
clearance.

72 PI, V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire (long term project)