Re: Driveshafted, Part 2

To: "Donald H. Locker" <dhl@chelseamsl.com>
Subject: Re: Driveshafted, Part 2
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2000 20:02:44 -0700
Donald,
Let me see if I am reading this right.  Are you saying that every other roller
should be pointing in an opposite direction from its
adjacent ones, or that the rows of rollers should be pointing in opposite
directions?

I can't see how the first possibility can work and the ones I have taken apart
have the rollers curved sides all touching and the flat
ends all in a row.

On a different (but related) note, I took apart a spare Spitfire Mk1 sliding
shaft to see how the rollers were positioned and after
working all the dried up grease so that the sliding piece comes off, I
discovered that there are no rollers in that one!  Oh well!

Joe