RE: the oil filter saga continues

To: "'Spitfire 1500'" <s1500@uswest.net>,
Subject: RE: the oil filter saga continues
From: "Simmons, Reid W" <reid.w.simmons@intel.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 08:12:40 -0700
I had that happen to me once.  I still think the mechanic that put it on
used an air tool!  (Good mechanics don't use air tools - IMHO).  I wound up
using a hammer and chisel along the outside edge of the filter base plate.
Worked great.  However, it just might be that the previous installer
cross-threaded your oil filter onto the adapter.

Reid
'79 Spitfire (original owner)