Re: Re: Oil leak in diff -- what to do about it.

To: "spitfires@autox.team.net" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Re: Oil leak in diff -- what to do about it.
From: "alemen@pop.ftconnect.com" <alemen@pop.ftconnect.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 15:53:38 -0400
Jeff, sounds a bit like my pinnion seal problem. I had a quick look at the diff
diagram on a mk3 and it looks basically the same.

Basically you just undo the driveshaft, remove the pinnion nut, remove seal
and then reverse procedure with new seal. Sounds easy but it was not. There are
special things you need to do (see the manuals) and what I did on mine at
http://www.ftconnect.com/~alemen/spitfire/diary.html#121999 (not up to date but
at least my pinnion seal removal experience is there
Also you could search the list archives looking for "pinnion oil seal". There's
a lot in there.

Alan
76 spitfire