Re: RE: Oil leak in diff -- what to do about it.

To: "spitfires@autox.team.net" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: RE: Oil leak in diff -- what to do about it.
From: "alemen@pop.ftconnect.com" <alemen@pop.ftconnect.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 12:31:40 -0400
I also clered the vent, but since teh car was immobile and leaking when I
topped up the diff, it proved it was the seal. So that's one easy way of
checking. top it up and leave it overnight and if there's a puddle of clean oil
below the seal location that's it.

Also I agree on teh smell. My garage stank for a week, didn't help that I
forgot to also put the lid on container I catch the oil in. I had drained
theold oil out the gearbox as well!

Alan