Re: Electrical Tune Up & Electronic Ignition

To: spitfires@autox.team.net, BODB@chevron.com
Subject: Re: Electrical Tune Up & Electronic Ignition
From: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 13:37:17 -0400
Strangely, the 1500 Competition manual recommends replacing the distributor
with an earlier one to get a different (better) advance curve, and recommends
going with points over electronic ignition.  I understand the curve bit, but
not the points.

Last August Steve Eiche <seiche@cellport.com> posted a message to this group
that the late model Lucas electronic ignition was actually a GM HEI system,
cast into the box mounted on the firewall.  Can you tell I kept the message?
:-)  I think I asked him about it, but got no reply.  If it actually is an HEI,
I don't know what you could do better then that ignition.  Changing the advance
curve and otherwise playing with the advance are about all I can see that one
could do to better it then.