Re: viscous coupling

To: "spitfires@autox.team.net" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: viscous coupling
From: "alemen@pop.ftconnect.com" <alemen@pop.ftconnect.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 14:02:25 -0400
Brent, I just replaced mine a couple of weeks ago.

It was loose like yours and made lots of noise. It's so much quieter with it
replaced. I was lucky and one of my local sources had a good used one. My water
pump was fine. It should not be floppy and should have a good resistance when
you try to turn the fan. The old one turned quite easily by hand.

I suggest you either get a good used one, look on ebay (I have seen a used and
a NOS there) or you could go with an electric fan.

Alan
'76 Spitfire