Re:viscous coupling

To: "spitfires@autox.team.net" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re:viscous coupling
From: "alemen@pop.ftconnect.com" <alemen@pop.ftconnect.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 12:14:50 -0400
Paul, the actual removal and replacement took a lot of force on the shaft. It
is a very tight fit.

It was definitely not comming off and the metal collar was in perfect shape.

The old one would only have come off at the bearing not the shaft. That was my
worry.

Also when the pump was off I checked as much as I could that the pump bearing
felt OK. If the pump goes I am pretty sure my fan will NOT come off. But then
that's on my car as only I know how good/bad a job etc. was done.

Maybe in a couple of years I'll go with the electric fan when I get around to
adding some more bhp. Also it was close to 8x more for the electric fan.

Also there's the view that some folks might want to keep the car as close to
the original as possible.

Alan