RE: FS: 1973 Spitfire MkIV in UK

To: "'Richard B Gosling'" <Gosling_Richard_B@perkins.com>
Subject: RE: FS: 1973 Spitfire MkIV in UK
From: Davies William-qswi646 <William.M.Davies@motorola.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 10:48:16 +0100

> Sorry to hear that you are selling your Spit.  I also became
> a father recently
>  (9 months ago), but I decided to keep Daffy - she gets used
> for the daily
>  commute to and from work, and we have a dull car (Citroen
> BX) for family
>  outings.  Although, if I am taking Flora (my daughter) out
> on my own, Sunday
>  morning swimming sessions etc., we go together in Daffy now
> the sun is
>  shining!  People seem very surprised that a Spitfire should
> be parking in a
>  Parent And Baby space at the supermarket or swimming pool,
> until they see the
>  child seat in the passenger side!  It took a little
> convincing to get my wife
>  to accept that Flora would be safe in Daffy - but then maybe
> she was hoping
>  that if I took the Citroen she could zoom about in Daffy
> while I was out!

Hi Richard,
        Like yourself, we have a mundane car (Toyota) for the everyday
stuff, plus my own Herald Coupe which alternates with the Spitfire as my
everyday transport. At the moment we've ended up travelling to most events
this year either in the Toyota, or with me in the Coupe, with my wife Karen
and son Tom following in the Toyota - Tom isn't old enough yet to travel
forward facing, and the Spitfire can't accomodate the child seat facing
rearward. The Herald Coupe is having mountings installed in the back, so we
can at least all travel together to club rallies, but a Herald Convertible
will let us all travel with the roof down - an experience I want Tom to be
familiar with from an early age!
        Cheers,
                Bill.

                            This Message sent by:
    ^================^
   /                  \     William Davies
  /                    \    Total Triumph Enthusiast
/  \  ______  ______  /  \  1959 Herald 948 Coupé Y128
\__/  \     ||     /  \__/  1959 Herald 948 Coupé
\________________________/  1961 Herald 1200 Coupé
 | |                  | |   1964 Herald 1200 Saloon
 |_|                  |_|   1973 Spitfire MkIV
                            1959 Standard Atlas Pickup
Join The Herald Mailing List at:
http://www.egroups.com/group/triumph_herald