FS: 1973 Spitfire MkIV in UK

To: "'Spitfires@autox.team.net'" <Spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: FS: 1973 Spitfire MkIV in UK
From: Davies William-qswi646 <William.M.Davies@motorola.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 18:07:04 +0100
Hi,
        Having recently become a dad, I'm finding the Spitfire is getting
less and less use, so I really feel I need to sell it and buy a Convertible
we can use as a family.
        This is an overdive equipped 1973 facelift MkIV (wooden dash, longer
shafts) with a genuine mileage of just over 34,000. When I bought her in
1998, there were only 23,000 miles on her, having been owned by a father and
son from new. We have used her extensively both as daily transport and for
Triumph events, including an 800 mile round trip to STER last year -
reliability has been terrific. Colour is White (19) with black trim. The
bodywork is very sound, with all floors having original clean white paint
under the carpet. The engine bay could do with a good clean, but everything
is original and correct - the only non-standard fitting is the brake servo
fitted for the first owner. A stainless rear silencer is fitted, and the
rest of the system goes with the car.
        On the down side, the original hood is tired, and really ought to be
replaced. Drivers side footwell carpet is worn through. Paintwork is
reasonable, though there are a few stonechips and blemishes, with some rust
starting (and it really is just starting) in the rear corners of the
wheelarches.
        I have the car advertised at 2800 UKP, but I am realistic, and I
will consider any offers. I know Triumphs well, and I have been as honest as
possible in describing this car. If you have any questions, please email me
and I will try and answer them. I am located in Wiltshire, south of Swindon,
        Cheers,
                Bill.

                            This Message sent by:
    ^================^
   /                  \     William Davies
  /                    \    Total Triumph Enthusiast
/  \  ______  ______  /  \  1959 Herald 948 Coupé Y128
\__/  \     ||     /  \__/  1959 Herald 948 Coupé
\________________________/  1961 Herald 1200 Coupé
 | |                  | |   1964 Herald 1200 Saloon
 |_|                  |_|   1973 Spitfire MkIV
                            1959 Standard Atlas Pickup
Join The Herald Mailing List at:
http://www.egroups.com/group/triumph_herald