Re: Which carb

To: tlt@digex.net, owner-spitfires@autox.team.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Which carb
From: OHFASTONE@aol.com
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 23:32:44 EDT

In a message dated 6/20/0 11:37:58 AM, tlt@digex.net wrote:

<<But due to the cost ($1000.00?), gas consumption and lack of practical
knowledge on the Mikunis, you're probably better off with a Weber set-up.>>

Actually, if you can locate some of the old Mikuni-Solex's a.k.a. Mikuni PHH,
these would be your best bet.  I have a pair on a Toyota race engine I have,
they are a direct bolt on replacement for the Weber DCOE's and much easier to
tune.  The Mikuni's were also available with a vacuum port for the
distributor advance.  The unfortunate part is when I last ordered items from
Mikuni, there were discontinuing the PHH, 1999 was the last year I could buy
them new.  If you do locate some, a place called Cabello Racing bought all of
Mikuni's remaining inventory and couyld help you with information or parts.
I think the site is www.rebelloracing.com.  Good luck.

        Michael