Re: 70 Spit FS Calif. CHEAP

To: "Mitchell, Doug (D.B.)" <dmitchel@ford.com>
Subject: Re: 70 Spit FS Calif. CHEAP
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 07:49:28 -0700
For what it's worth, The first MkIV was built in August 1970, but according to
the BMIHT was a '71 Model. (THey had by that time
changed over to the US-style model year).  The first car built in 71 was (FH,
FK or FL)5127 and of course a MkIV.  The Mk3's were last
built in December of 1970  and there was a short period of time when both
models were being produced.

However, Barry is correct.  The car should have been sold as a 1971.  It is
unusual that any dealer would back date a car.  Usually
they will change the date forward to make the car appear newer than it actually
is.

Joe