Re: dash wiring harness from vicky brit

To: Nolan Penney <npenney@mde.state.md.us>
Subject: Re: dash wiring harness from vicky brit
From: Bill Gunshannon <bill@cs.scranton.edu>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 15:12:38 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 23 Jun 2000, Nolan Penney wrote:

> Freight deliveries are done during business hours.  When done to a business
>the business is open and ready for delivery.  The business will usually have
>the personnel and equipment necessary to remove and handle the freight.  When
>delivery is to a residental addressthe person often is not home during
>business hours, involving the delivery company holding the merchandise and
>scheduling a special delivery time.  Residential addresses normally do not
>have the equipment or the persons necessary to handle freight shipping.
>
> The cost increase usually comes from the freight delivery company, and is
>being passed through by VB.

I realize where it comes from, but as long as people were complaining about
shipping based on cost rather than weight/size I thought this absurd idea
should be exposed as well.

I don't have a problem with paying for something realistic, but this amounts
to penalizing me over someone else.  Or worse still, charging me to subsidize
the business.  Your explanation above id a non-sequitor.  The garage 2 doors
away from me is run by an 80 year old man.  He is there when he feels like
it.  And, he is alone and hardly capable of unloading larger or heavier
freight than I can.  And even where I work now, without prior arrangement
and scheduling (we have a fork truck available, but it is not kept near my
building and only a couple of the maintenance men have a license to operate
it) freight can't be unloaded practically here.

One other note of interest.  While everyone is complaining about cost based
shipping charges, the Rimmer catalog specifically states that shipping cost
is based on size, weight and method of delivery.

bill

bill@cs.scranton.edu     |  and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
University of Scranton   |