RE: Fuel filter question

To: "'T. .R. Dafforn'" <td214@cam.ac.uk>,
Subject: RE: Fuel filter question
From: Davies William-qswi646 <William.M.Davies@motorola.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 13:50:05 +0100
> I have one of those nasty see through plastic filters before the fuel
> pump, should I put it after the pump?

You certainly need to keep the filter before the fuel pump, as any hard
debris can damage the valves in the pump. I always install the filter on the
immediate output of the fuel tank, as you are unlikely to find any debris
originating outside of the tank, and this location has always worked well
for me. There is an argumant that any debris which has already left the tank
can still make it's way through the system to the pump and carburettor, but
it's good practice to blow through all the fuel lines and clean out the pump
and float chambers when a new filter is fitted.
        The air bubble is normal, though I did find it strange at first! It
doesn't cause a problem in use,
        Cheers,
                Bill.

                            This Message sent by:
    ^================^
   /                  \     William Davies
  /                    \    Total Triumph Enthusiast
/  \  ______  ______  /  \  1959 Herald 948 Coupé Y128
\__/  \     ||     /  \__/  1959 Herald 948 Coupé
\________________________/  1961 Herald 1200 Coupé
 | |                  | |   1964 Herald 1200 Saloon
 |_|                  |_|   1973 Spitfire MkIV
                            1959 Standard Atlas Pickup
Join The Herald Mailing List at:
http://www.egroups.com/group/triumph_herald