RE: Replacement Tops

To: "'Frane Maroevic'" <frane.maroevic@delbih.cec.eu.int>,
Subject: RE: Replacement Tops
From: "Simmons, Reid W" <reid.w.simmons@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 11:02:32 -0700
Good question.  I will be in the market for a new top soon (the original has
lasted me 21 years!) and I am curious to know how the ones currently
available (Amco, Corbeau, Robbins, etc.) stack up to the original.  My
original top has very good sealing (rain proofing) around the windshield and
side windows.  How about the aftermarket ones?  The sad part about my
present top is that it is still in excellent condition - it's just the
plastic windows that have turned brown and hardened.

Reid
'79 Spitfire (original owner)