RE: VIN plate restoration/replacement

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: VIN plate restoration/replacement
From: "Simmons, Reid W" <reid.w.simmons@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 11:08:08 -0700
Mike;

I'm not art expert but what about using some of the techniques that are used
to remove the paint on old paintings that often reveals a much more valuable
painting by the same artist underneath?

Yes, I believe the replacement plaques are "do it yourself" as to the
information that is stamped on them.

Reid
'79 Spitfire (original owner)