Re: VIN plate restoration/replacement

To: "Michael Nugent" <nugentmd@gte.net>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: VIN plate restoration/replacement
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 11:23:41 -0700
Yeah, Mike.  I explained the story in detail on my website.  Of course,
finding that little tidbit now is like finding a needle in a haystack!  The
name stuck after my wife wryly referred to my car as "Mrs. Jones" (in other
words "the other woman") when I began spending so much time in the garage,
in reference to the mid '70's Billy Paul song of the same name.  Then, a
couple of months later, Mrs. Jones was given the first name of "Christine"
by my wife after she nearly slipped on a jack handle that I had carelessly
left lying on the garage floor, adjacent to the car.  The "Mrs. Jones" thing
just sort of stuck.  I thought it was funny, plus, I liked the stodgy
British formality of having a car with an identifier before the name, like
"Mrs. Peel".

Best wishes,

Jeff in San Diego

'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
home of the NEW Totally Triumph Auction
and... The Triumph Autos/Parts Wanted Listings
http://www.ohms.com/cgi-bin/TRwanted.cgi
...plus a few other surprises!