Great Info in Today's People

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Great Info in Today's People
From: Susan Hensley <racespit@netzero.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 22:14:42 -0500
Hi all!

I just found a great short article in today's People magazine (June 26,
2000 issue):

Spitfire and Desire

Oscar-winning actor Nicholas Cage, who starts in the auto-theft flick
Gone in 60 Seconds, says that his first car stole his heart.

"I had a Triumph Spitfire," says Cage, 36.  "It was a beautiful little
roadster in a faded yellow.  But it also needed a lot of work.  I
couldn't get it registered, so I would sit in my car in the garage and
pretend I was driving to the beach with the sun in my face.  But the
only light was this tiny bulb overhead,"  Although he finally got the
car registered, Cage eventually gave up his wheels.  "I found out this
car was going to break down every single week," he says.  But
persistence triumphed in the end.  "I found that car again a year ago
and I bought it," he says.  "I wanted it to know that it didn't get the
best of me."

Just thought I'd share!

Keep Triumphing,
Susan    :)
(At my home address until I get my new work address the first week of
July.)