Re: Spitfire Six springs (the story problem)

To: "Michael D. Nugent, Ph.D." <nugentmd@gte.net>
Subject: Re: Spitfire Six springs (the story problem)
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 17:11:12 -0700
Mike,
I think that your best bet for the front is the GT6 springs.  they are designed
for the weight of the 6 cyl and provide a good ride for
the street.  the rear depends on who you believe (no I won't go there again).
My preference is the fixed spring from the Spit Mk3 and
a camber compensator.

On my race car, I used gt6 front springs with a coil removed.  It achieved
adequate lowering as did the de-arched rear spring.  The
SPAX shocks provide an adjustable ride.  I started with mine set at the firmest
position.  And man is it stiff.  After I get a few runs
in it, I may soften it up a bit.

Joe