RE: Replacing rear valance?

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Replacing rear valance?
From: Davies William-qswi646 <William.M.Davies@motorola.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2000 08:14:31 +0100
> > But were these ever fitted to the production models or are
> they just an
> > aftermarket accessory?  My original '67 didn't have them
> and I rarely see
> > one that does.  I would imagine that they would stand a
> much greater chance
> > of falling off back there!

They're not the same kind of finisher as are fitted to the top seams - those
are decorative anodised pieces, while the lower finishers are mild steel
items, which are welded in place. They are fitted when the shell is built,
being painted in the overall body colour.
        Cheers,
                Bill.

                            This Message sent by:
    ^================^
   /                  \     William Davies
  /                    \    Total Triumph Enthusiast
/  \  ______  ______  /  \  1959 Herald 948 Coupé Y128
\__/  \     ||     /  \__/  1959 Herald 948 Coupé
\________________________/  1961 Herald 1200 Coupé
 | |                  | |   1964 Herald 1200 Saloon
 |_|                  |_|   1973 Spitfire MkIV
                            1959 Standard Atlas Pickup
Join The Herald Mailing List at:
http://www.egroups.com/group/triumph_herald