Re: Weld Breaks on SS Headers

To: "Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou" <dougnad@bellatlantic.net>,
Subject: Re: Weld Breaks on SS Headers
From: "Tony Childs" <tochilds@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 11:30:42 -0400
I'm no expert on this subject by any stretch of the imagination, but is this
not one of the reasons that most exhaust hangers incorporate a flexible link
of some sort. be it a strap or a "doughnut" of sorts.  The entire system
tends to rotate slightly with engine torque.  Helps to decrease the stress
on the header/head junction.  Also helps decrease noise transfer through the
body and/or frame.  Just my 2 pence!

Tony Childs
72 Spitfire - FK38809U