Re: Weld Breaks on SS Headers

To: "spitfires@autox.team.net" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Weld Breaks on SS Headers
From: "alemen@pop.ftconnect.com" <alemen@pop.ftconnect.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 12:02:05 -0400
Tony, Definitely. But as to whether the existing mounting is enough for an SS
one, would be nice to know.
My PO had missed the two hanging brackets, plus one of the silencer brackets
had no rubber mount and had fine nuts on coarse bolts! (rattling about loose as
they were only jammed on that one turn). Result was system was hitting the car
and also lots of noise at the back. Fixed it up and it sounds so much quieter.
Plus less straining on the pipes now that they are supported. But I really want
(and anyway it will soon need relpaced due to how it was before) that new
system and I would like it to last and give a little more bhp.

Alan