Re: Weld Breaks on SS Headers

To: "spitfires@autox.team.net" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Weld Breaks on SS Headers
From: "alemen@pop.ftconnect.com" <alemen@pop.ftconnect.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 11:39:40 -0400
Doug, I have seen sections of pipe that looked like that may be flexible in an
auto parts store. Only thing is they looked pretty long (about 6 feet). Never
looked to see if they have shorter section though. They did have the correct
"bellows" type shape. Probably in mild steel though.  I'll look next time I am
in.

When I fit a new exhaust and header I would like to make sure that I don't get
cracks as well.

I would have thought that a muffler shop would have something universal that
they use in various diameters.

Alan