Re: Front Hub Assembly

To: "spitfires@autox.team.net" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Front Hub Assembly
From: "alemen@pop.ftconnect.com" <alemen@pop.ftconnect.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 12:33:40 -0400
David, I had teh same problem.

My saga was teh metal ones with teh rubber inside were the wrong ones supplied
teh first time. Next try was the ones supposed to be correct ( even checked
with teh manufacturer for teh part number) still would not fit. Then I went to
a custom fit. i.e. measured thickness inside and soutside diameters and could
not get one the right thickness.
Ended up ordering a set of the felt type. Great I thought they will fit. NO!
So last resurt was to use the old metal rings from teh old seals. Cleaned out
old felt. Very carefully cut the new felt out the new rings and glued into the
old rings. Why nobody seems to make the correct ones I do not know.
Hope this may help.

Maybe someone else knows who has the seals that actually fit first time.

Alan
'76 Spitfire