RE: Safety inspection?

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Safety inspection?
From: "Simmons, Reid W" <reid.w.simmons@intel.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 09:01:58 -0700
The safety inspections were started for the most part because the vast
majority of car owners never "take a wrench" to their cars and probably
wouldn't know how to if they had to.  Additionally, they generally only have
the pros work on them when something breaks.  Consequently there are
thousands of dangerous projectiles hurtling up and down the highways and
byways of the US.  The safety inspections are an attempt to deal with this
problem.

The emissions inspections on the other hand are an attempt to make the air
we breath "human friendly".

Reid
'79 Spitfire (original owner)