Re: Rear Hub and Brakes

To: Reed <rfm@collectivecomputing.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rear Hub and Brakes
From: Chip Mautz <clmautz@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 11:39:37 -0700 (PDT)
> section I did mesure was ~29 MPG at 4500-5000 rpm. Thats between
> 75-90
> MPH in 5th, on AZ gas. Running 60 series tires makes spitefire gear
> ratios really low. Anyone know of cheap 14" rims for a spit ? Or
> a 6 speed trans for small RWD nissans ?

What engine are you running?

After a 6 month hiatus, I'm back as well.  'Ol Smokey is still hanging
in there, waiting patiently.  With the birth of my daughter, I figure
I'd better get started w/ the car...

14" rims - I drove a '78 spit at Road Atlanta w/ 14" panasports.  So,
it can be done.

6spd - don't know about this, but Rivergate racing makes 5spd
conversions for MG's, maybe they could fab you one.  They're on the
web, and advertise in the back of Grassroots Motorsports...

Good luck

Chip
'01 Dodge Ram 1500 - parts hauler
'99 Land Rover Discovery
'71 Triumph Spitfire MKIV - 'Ol Smokey

=====
As a well spent day brings happy sleep, so life well used brings happy death.
-Leonardo da Vinci (1452-1519)

http://mail.yahoo.com/