Re: [Fwd: A couple of Spitfire questions]

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fwd: A couple of Spitfire questions]
From: Alan Lemen <alemen@ftconnect.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2000 19:42:32 -0700
I also have a 76 Federal 1500. Essentially if it's a single carb its the
Zenith. SU's always came in pairs. Also manual choke is correct for the
year. Don't worry about which kit. Usually there is only one kit for
Zenith's and they include parts for all the versions, so you will have
some parts left over. Just takes a bit to sort the parts out and then
identify then as you replace them.

Also take the old filter to the store and the adapter if it has one.
Make sure you note which side of the adapter goes into the filter and
heck it matches the thread. The one that was supposed to be a
replacement for the one that was on and the normal one that I have seen
quoted on the list did not fit. Hopefully you'll be luckier than I was.
I think my adapter was not the usual one that is fitted.

Alan
'76 Spitfire