emissions testing in AZ

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: emissions testing in AZ
From: "Terry L. Thompson" <tlt@digex.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 11:34:24 -0400
Any Arizona residence familar with the rules and regs regarding emissions in
the state?
I was looking at a job opportunity in Flagstaff, but according to the AZ,
Motor Vehicle Division web site, the only cars exempt from testing are 1996
and newer cars.

I've swapped my 1976 carb set-up for an MGB carb set-up and I don't have the
air-pump or air manifold, which is what failed my car in Virginia. They
wouldn't even test the exhaust gas because it was "missing pieces". And I'm
afraid that's what I'm going to go through in Arizona.

-Terry L. Thompson
'76 spit 1500