Re: Truing OE steel wheels

To: Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net>, spitfires@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Truing OE steel wheels
From: Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou <dougnad@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 15:24:10 -0400
Many years ago, my '76 AMC Hornet had a bad shimmy at highway speeds that
balancing would not cure.  I eventually needed new front tires, and
the guy at the tire place finally noticed the out-of-round wheel.
After a few strategically-placed shots with a BFH, the problem was cured.

Assuming you have stock wheels, I can't imagine any other practical way to fix
it.

Doug Braun
'72 Spit