Spitfires lose another enthusiast

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spitfires lose another enthusiast
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 23:16:44 -0700
On June 26th, I had the winning bid for a used fuel gauge and a used temp
gauge from a '67 Spitfire.  On June 30th, I mailed my check after getting a
PO box from the seller.  Two weeks later, I e-mailed to inquire about the
parts and noted that my check had not yet been cashed.  The day after that,
I sent another e-mail -- and another the next day, expressing my
disappointment that the seller had not replied to my inquiries.  Finally, on
July 20th, I placed a stop payment order on my check and left a negative
feedback for the seller on eBay.

Upon arriving home from a camping trip with my son tonight, I found a
handwritten card from the widow of the man that I had bought the parts from.
Also enclosed was a mass card from his funeral and my check.  He was killed
by a drunken driver while driving home to the Bay Area from Hollister on
July 2nd.  Needless to say, I feel awful.  The widow said that her late
husband had prepared the package to send me once my check arrived, but she
is unable to cash a check written to him, so if I still want the gauges,
I'll need to write a replacement check in her name and she'll mail me the
package addressed by his hand.

I don't know if Armand Anthony Rios, born September 8, 1955 was ever a
member of this list, but he certainly was a fellow Spitfire enthusiast.  I
hope you'll remember him and his family in your prayers. 45 is way too young
to leave this world.

Best wishes,

Jeff in San Diego

'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
home of the NEW Totally Triumph Auction
and... The Triumph Autos/Parts Wanted Listings
http://www.ohms.com/cgi-bin/TRwanted.cgi
...plus a few other surprises!