Where's the money? ('68 Spit Mk3)

To: "spitfires@autox.team.net" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Where's the money? ('68 Spit Mk3)
From: "Michael D. Nugent, Ph.D." <nugentmd@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 22:40:38 -0700
Because my wife likes the look of the late Spits better than the early
ones, I'll not be using the '68 Spit Mk3 I bought for my Spitfire 6
project.  What I'd like to know is how I'd come out better - selling it
or parting it out.

It's not pretty - faded red paint and rusty spots but no holes (I
haven't looked under the battery).  I'd figured getting down to bare
metal, then a coating of Corroless would be sufficient to stop the
spread.  No dents bigger than a halfdollar.  It runs and it's complete.
In fact, I have a spare chassis with suspension, trans, diff, engine
(rebuilt except for reassembly), bonnet, and misc. taken from another
Mk3 that did have Holy Floorboards.

Anyway, strategies (ebay?) and estimates (what I could get for it as a
whole versus what the various parts of it might yield) will be
appreciated.

--
Mike
Renton, WA